Biography Of Mercy Macjoe
Biography Of Mercy Macjoe: She is an award-winning Nigerian actress, movie producer, and seasoned businesswoman. Beauty by Macjoe is her own company, and she is the CEO of it.
Mercy Macjoe’s Background
Biography Of Mercy Macjoe: She was born on the 20th of June 1993 in Lagos State, as the 6th child of her parents. Mercy Ima Macjoe is a Nigerian singer and actress who is known for her music. She was born in Akwa Ibom, but she grew up in Lagos State, where she is now a celebrity. While still a child, Mercy’s father passed away while serving in the military. And as a result, she was practically brought up by her mother.
Mercy had her early childhood, primary, secondary, and postgraduate education in Lagos State. National Open University awarded her a Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communication (NOUN). To improve her abilities as a filmmaker, Mercy recently enrolled at the New York Film Academy.
Mercy Macjoe’s Professional Life
Biography Of Mercy Macjoe: It was with the Grace Movie’s Lonely Princess that Mercy’s Nollywood career officially began in 2011. Sugar Pot, on the other hand, was the film that catapulted her to the top of the industry’s celebrity rankings. Mercy finds her profession to be incredibly fulfilling because it allows her to express the feelings of others.
In the past, her mother had expressed support for her choice of profession. Mercy was frequently encouraged to participate in talent competitions, and she used to pay for Mercy’s transportation to and from auditions in exchange for her encouragement.
Due to the fact that Mercy is developing a personal brand and that she has many followers who look up to her as a role model, she does not appear in every film.
Midnight Crew, Zenith of Love, Shame, Magdalene, Bread of Life, Girl Next Door, and Flaws are just a few of the films in which she has appeared, as well as other independent films. In 2018, she made her feature film debut as a producer with the release of Red, which she produced.
Up to this point, she has worked on a number of other projects such as 30 and Single, Love in a Puff, and Passion’s Promise, all of which have been produced under the banner of her production company, MM Joe Film Productions.
2016 – 2018
- Bed of Lies – 2016
- Flaws – 2016
- The Event Planner – 2017
- House of Jon – 2017
- Slave Dancer – 2017
- The Successor – 2017
- Deliver us from Eva – 2018
- Oliver Twist – 2018
- Rush Money – 2018
- Uvbi – 2018
- Zenith of Love – 2018
- Magdalene – 2018
- Midnight Crew – 2018
- Girl Next Door – 2018
2019 – 2020
- When Love Dies – 2019
- Calabar Kitchen – 2019
- 30 and Single – 2019
- Jenna – 2019
- Passion Promise – 2019
- Traitor – 2019
- Class Assembly – 2019
- Trapped In Between – 2019
- Midnight Crew (The Accolades) – 2019
- Maid Servant – 2019
- Love in a Puff – 2019
- A Night to my Wedding – 2019
- A Date with My Husband – 2019
- Lying Game – 2019
- The Quest – 2019
- Broken Soul – 2019
- Twilight of Dream – 2019
- My Private Part – 2019
- Blue Sky – 2019
- Strive – 2019
- Ups and Downs – 2019
- My Cousin’s Wife – 2019
- Abandoned – 2020
- Torture – 2020
- Goodbye – 2020
- My American Dream – 2020
Accolades and commendations
- Scream Awards for Film Revelation of the year (Female) – 2016
- Nominee at the City People Movie Awards for Best New Actress – 2017
- Named amongst the Top 100 Nollywood Celebrities at the Nollywood Excellence and Leadership Awards (NELAS) – 2017
- City People Movie Awards for the Best Supporting Actress (Female) – 2018
- Best Female Actor at the CA Award – 2018
- The Best Lashes Producing Company of the Year at the Nigeria Iconic Awards – 2018
- Ibakatv Artiste of the Week – 2019
- Celebrity Entrepreneur of the Year at the Gmyt African Humanitarian Award – 2019
- Nominated at the Hollywood and African Prestigious Awards – 2019
- HAP Awards nominee for Best Independent Film (Love in a Puff) – 2019
- Best Actress in an Independent Film at the HAP Awards – 2019
- Celebrity Entrepreneur of the Year at the Breeze OnTV Humanitarian Award – 2019