Biography Of Femi Odugbemi
Biography Of Femi Odugbemi: The Nigerian producer, documentary filmmaker, screenwriter, cinematographer, director, and photographer Femi Odugbemi has won several awards for his work in a variety of genres. He is also the Executive Director and Co-founder of the iRepresent International Documentary Film Festival, which he co-founded in 2010.
A brief history of Femi Odugbemi
Biography Of Femi Odugbemi: On the 24th of May in the year 1963, Femi Odugbemi was born to Mr and Mrs Odugbemi in Lagos State. Mr Femi studied cinematography and film/video production at Montana State University in Bozeman, Montana, United States, where he graduated with a Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in 1979. 1985 was the year he received his diploma from the university. In addition, Mr Femi studied Entrepreneurship/Entrepreneurial Studies at the FATE Foundation Lagos between 2003 and 2004.
Fascinating professional life of Femi Odugbemi
Biography Of Femi Odugbemi: In the year after his graduation from university, Mr Femi volunteered for the one-year National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) program to give back to the community and his nation. As a result, he was hired by Lintas Lagos as a Radio/TV Producer shortly after.
Upon his return to STB-McCANN in 1991, he was promoted to Associate Creative Director before joining Audio Visual First Limited in 1995, where he served as Chief Executive/Executive Producer until 2005.
Founded in 2005, Dvworkx Studios was owned and operated by Femi Odugbemi, who sold the firm to Zuri 24 Media in 2017. Zuri 24 Media is a production company owned and operated by Femi Odugbemi.
In responsibility of creating Battleground, a daily television series that airs on DSTV/Africa Magic Network, is Zuri 24 Media, a production firm based in Johannesburg, South Africa.
Mr. Femi Odugbemi is the Academy Director (West Africa) for Multichoice Talent Factory, and he has been with the company since 2008. He is also a co-founder of the iRepresent International Documentary Film Festival, which takes place every year in Los Angeles.
Him Being A Producer, Director, and Writer
- Like father, like son (a TV sitcom)
- Who do you Love? (SFH talk show)
- Lagos Lottery TV Gameshow
- Who wants to be a Millionaire? (Nigeria’s most popular gameshow)
- Ibadan – Cradle of Literati
- Life in Lagos – 2002
- Bar Beach Blues (Short Drama) – 2004
- Oui Voodoo – 2005
- Mama Put (TV Movie) – 2005
- Metamorphosis – 2006
- Maroko (Feature Film) – 2006
- Tinsel (TV Series) – 2008
- Oriki (Documentary) – 2008
- Bariga Boys – 2009
- And the Chain was Not (Documentary) – 2010
- Abobaku – 2010
- Literature, Language and Literalism – 2013
- Gidi Blues (Feature Film) – 2016
- Makoko, Futures Afloat – 2016
- Battleground: Africa Magic (TV Series) – 2017
- The Eve (Feature Film) – 2017
- 4th Estate (Feature Film) – 2018
- Missing Pages (Feature Film) – 2018
- Olotu – 2018
- Code Wilo (Feature Film) – 2019
Accolades and commendations
- Aboaku won the Most Outstanding Short Film at the Zuma Film Festival – 2010
- Best Costume at the 6th Africa Movie Academy Awards – 2010
- Prestigious Excellence Award of the Society of the Performing Arts of Nigeria (SPAN) – 2013
- Distinguished Leadership Award of Nollywood at 20 years – 2013
- Lifetime Achievement Award from the Nigerian Film Corporation in recognition of his immeasurable contributions towards the growth of the Film industry – 2018
- Movie Rock of Fame Award by the Nigerian Film Society under the auspices of the Nigerian Film Corporation – 2018
- Oscar Nominations – 2020