|D.O.B||9 June 1985|
|STATE OF ORIGIN||Port Harcourt, Rivers, Nigeria|
|MARITAL STATUS||Single/ Divcored|
Tonto Dikeh’s life story; is one of a humble upbringing, heartbreaks, and eventual ascension to Nollywood celebrity. She had a penchant for performing since; she was a child, but it wasn’t until she starred in the Nollywood film Dirty Secret that she became well-known.
Many people criticized her performance, calling it untraditional and disgusting. However, her career in Nigeria’s film industry was launched; with that spectacular role she played.
Tonto Dikeh’s Early Life
Tonto Dikeh was born on the 9 days of June 1985. She grew up in Obio-Akpor, a Rivers State local government district. She is the youngest of five children in a family of five.
Sunny Dikeh (father) and Veronica Dikeh (mother) are her parents (mother). What is the real name of Tonto Dikeh? Tonto Wigo Charity Dikeh is her birth name. She is of Ikwerre ancestry, one of River State’s Igbo ethnic groups. But she has a slew of other names, some of which she earned while working as an actress. Poko, Tontolet, Mama King, and King Tonto are among them.
When she was three years old; the actor lost her mother. Her father was compelled to remarry as a result, and she was raised by her; stepmother since she was a child. Tonto attended River State public schools.
She attended; Rivers State University of Science and Technology after finishing primary and secondary school. She studied; petrochemical engineering in college but decided; to pursue a different career route.
She aspired to be an; actor when she was little. As a result, Tonto chose to pursue her dream of becoming an actress.
Tonto Dikeh’s Marriage Life
Tonto Dikeh met; Olakunle Oladunni Churchill in 2014 at Lagos’ Escape Nightclub. On that day, Churchill was celebrating; his brother’s birthday. Dikeh became pregnant with a newborn boy six months after the two began dating.
Tonto married; Olakunle Churchill in 2015 in her village of Rumukani, Rumukwuta, Rivers State, Nigeria, in a traditional ceremony. She gave birth to her baby in 2016 and dubbed him Baby X. At first, it appeared like the two had a fantastic marriage, and many people admired their union.
Tonto Dikeh’s husband, on the other hand, divorced; her a year later in July 2017, forcing the couple to split custody of their child. Following their divorce; the actress resorted to social media, including her official Tonto Dikeh Instagram profile, to accuse her ex-husband of infidelity, physical violence, and a slew of other allegations.
She even implied that; Olakunle was not the mystery man she had dubbed Mr X at one point and that she had more affection for Mr X than for the father of her child.
Tonto has dated; a variety of men over the years, most of whom are celebrities and business moguls, according to numerous media; Solidstar, Don Jazzy, Chief Chapo, WizKid, Iyanya, and Michael Awolaja are among them.
Her previous relationship has made; her stronger as she recently broke up with her boyfriend and still looks good as if nothing happened. She has become an independent woman; who doesn’t depend on any man for survival or happiness.
Other related articles;
- “Please I am very sorry from the depth of my heart” – Kpokpogri publicly begs Janemena’s husband following video of the married dancer at his house
- “Bring your mama and sisters if you doubt” – Mompha to those calling him gay
- “May death knock on your household” – Actress, Nkechi Blessing’s sister, Ijeoma slams people ‘laughing’ over mother’s death
- Bobrisky and Mompha fight dirty after Oye Kyme said they’re in a romantic relationship (Voicenote)
- “Contribute my N5M for me then I’ll know she has fans” – Bobrisky dares Tonto Dikeh’s fans
- “You can’t use my past to hurt me” – Tonto Dikeh shares confrontational chat with Kpokpogri over leaked audio tape
Tonto Dikeh’s Acting Career
Tonto Dikeh competed in the Nigerian reality television show; The Next Movie Star in 2005, She was the winner of the competition, and as a result, she was able to join the Actors Guild of Nigeria.
She became a member of the country’s movie industry, commonly known as Nollywood, as a result of his registration. She received her first role in the 2006 film Tea and Coffee, following her success on the TV show.
Between 2006 and 2021, the actress appeared in several Nigerian films in various roles.
Tonto Dikeh’s Movies
- Last Mission
- Secret Mission
- Rush Hour
- Fatal Mistake
- Family Disgrace
- Miss Maradonna
- Mortal Desire
2006 – 2008
- Tea or Coffee – 2006
- Pounds and Dollars – 2006
- Missing Rib – 2007
- Final Hour – 2007
- Divine Grace – 2007
- 7 Graves – 2007
- Crisis in Paradise – 2007
- Insecurity – 2007
- Away Match – 2007
- Games Fools Play – 2007
- The Plain Truth – 2008
- Love my Way – 2008
- Before the Fall – 2008
- Total Love – 2008
- Strength to Strength – 2008
2009 – 2014
- Missing Child – 2009
- Native Son – 2009
- Dangerous Beauty – 2009
- My Fantasy – 2010
- Pleasure and Crime – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Dirty Secret – 2010
- Ropes of Faith – 2010
- Blackberry Babes Re-loaded – 2012
- Criminal Widow 1 – 2013
- The Criminal Widow 2 – 2013
- Terror of a Widow 1 – 2013
- The Terror of a Widow 2 – 2013
- Battle of the Queens – 2014
- Throne of War – 2014
Tonto Dikeh’s Music Career
Tonto Dikeh delved into the world of music while; still putting up award-winning performances as an actress.
She began singing in 2011 and has since starred in various music videos on her YouTube account. it was her first single, which she released in 2012. D’banj, a Nigerian singer, musician, songwriter, and rapper, signed her to his DB Records label in 2014.
Her time at the record label, however, was short-lived, as she left in 2015. She only released seven songs and no album between 2012 and 2017.
Tonto Dikeh’s Music Singles
- Hi – 2012
- Itz Ova – 2012
- Crazically Fit (featuring Terry G) – 2012
- Jeje – 2013
- Sheba (featuring Solid Star) – 2013
- Ekebe – 2014
- Sugar Rush (featuring D’banj) – 2015
Tonto Dikeh’s Quotes
“Being happy never goes out of style.”
“Nothing happens until the pain of remaining the same outweighs the pain of change.”
“Feed the body that works the money…”
“Happiness isn’t a state of the mind. It’s the mind!!!”
“Nobody watches you harder than the one who can’t stand to see you succeed.”
“Life has taught me that happiness is free.”
“Let nothing hold you back from creating the life you’ve always wanted.”
Tonto Dikeh’s Net Worth
Tonto Dikeh’s official net worth is unknown. Her net worth is estimated to be between $1.1 and $2.0 million by several sources.
She has made a lot of money as an actress, singer, and songwriter throughout the years. Tonto has garnered numerous sponsorships throughout the years, all of which have added to her net worth.
Tonto Dikeh isn’t afraid to spend her cash. Her residence is located on Aso Drive, a posh neighbourhood in Abuja, Nigeria. According to some sources, the mansion is worth $1,000,000.
She also owns many automobiles, including a Range Rover and a Mercedes-Benz.
On her birthday in November 2020, she gave one of her pals, Melisa, jewellery worth N2.5 million. The actress is also a philanthropist who has made significant contributions to society. In the year 2000, she established The Tonto Dikeh Foundation, a non-profit organization dedicated to improving the lives of displaced and underprivileged African women, girls, youth, and children.
Tonto Dikeh’s Awards And Recognitions
- Nominated for BON Awards – 2012
- Afro Hollywood Awards nominated her for Best Actress (English language film) category – 2012
- Future Awards Nominee for Actor of the year – 2012
- Best Actress of the Year at ELOY Awards – 2013
- Nominee at the City People Movie Award for Best Actress of the Year (English) – 2014
- Best Actress Award by Peace Ambassador Awards – 2016
- Nominee for the South-South Progressive awards – 2016
- Nominated for the GAB Special Recognition Awards in The Arts category – 2016
- Humanitarian ambassador of the year nominee at the Starrz Awards – 2017
- Nominated for Her Network Woman of the Year (HNWOTY) Awards – 2018
- Social Media honours the Tonto Dike Foundation with the Social Good Awards – 2019
- J-KRUE Awards nominated Tonto Dikeh Foundation for the Humanitarian Foundation of the Year – 2019
- Award of Excellence for Female Activist of the Year by QOEN – 2019
- Funke Akindele Biography: ‘From A Failed Marriage To An Veteran Actress’
- White Money ‘From An Okada Rider And Hair Barber To A BBNaija Housemate’
- Angel BBnaija Biography, Net Worth, Cars And House 2021
- Nkem Owoh Biography, From Fraud Allegations To Becoming A Veteran Actor
Q. Where is Tonto Dikeh house ?
A. Her residence is located on Aso Drive in Abuja.
Q. What is Tonto Dikeh Net worth ?
A. Her Net Worth is unknown, but is estimated to be between $1.1 and $2.0 million
Q. What is Tonto Dikeh Tribe ?
A. Her tribe is Igbo
Q. What Between Tonto Dikeh and Bob Risky ?
A. There are just best of friends, before but now, nothing is between them.
What’s your thoughts on this ?